One of E3's best trailers happened to be that of Ezio's latest and potentially deadly return. We take a further look at the upcoming installment of the Assassin's Creed series.
Having earlier featured an entry on the direct sequel (as opposed to a spin-off) to the critically acclaimed Assassin's Creed II upon the release of its teaser trailer, we take a closer look into, quite possibly this year's Game Of The Year contender, Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.
With the confirmed departure of Creative Director Patrice Désilets (reportedly, an extended sabbatical) from Ubisoft Montreal, the studio responsible for the series, wasted no time in churning out the second sequel well within a year of the release of its predecessor. In keeping with the series' sandbox style gameplay, players will once again step into the role of Ezio, who is by now a Master Assassin and on a deadly quest in Rome to put a stop to the Templar's reign. All the Parkour-like movements, cleverly imposed stealth elements, melee fighting mechanics, along with the signature assassination moves that fans are familiar with will still be the core features of the latest installment.
However, several game-changing features will be introduced while players control Ezio through the genetic memory of Desmond Miles, via the use of the Animus. As Ezio is by now a Master Assassin, he has to reorganize the eponymous Brotherhood in Rome in a final fight against the Templars. Players can assess to the new management system of which new members can be recruited and assigned on mission, or summoned for support during missions. These new members can be customized respectively, down to the weapons they uses. Ezio himself will also get to learn to master new gadgets as well. Players will also get to invest in the city of Rome, and much like the village of Monteriggioni in Assassin's Creed II, rewards will be unlocked. Prepare to wreak havoc in Vatican.
The full cinematic trailer was unveiled during last month's E3 200, and fans were treated with one of the most gorgeous video trailers around. Check out the trailer embedded below, as Ezio walked the bloody path into a finale battle with the Templars.
Meanwhile, the unique multiplayer trailer was also very well-received at the E3 2010, receiving recognition from GameTrailers when they awarded it the Best Multiplayer Game of the show. Check it out right below.
For die-hard fans of the series, Ubisoft will be releasing a "Limited Codex Edition", exclusive to Europe and Australia, containing the below contents:
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood game
Renaissance Collector Chest
Map of Rome
Multiplayer characters cards
Bonus DVD and game soundtrack
2 Exclusive single player maps: Aqua Gear & Trajan Market
2 Multiplayer characters: Harlequin & Officer
Additional bonus content yet to be revealed
- ► 2012 (378)
- ► 2011 (996)
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: The Game Trailer
- Captain America: The First Avenger: SDCC Preview
- El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron Preview
- Thor: SDCC Preview
- Green Lantern: SDCC Preview
- Avengers Assembled! ... At San Digeo Comic-Con
- Street Fighter X Tekken Announced
- Machete: New Trailers And Posters
- Fiona Apple - "Why Try to Change Me Now"
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops Preview
- Dennis Culver And Jeff Juliard's Buckshot
- Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Preview
- Top 13 Trailers From E3 2010
- WWE Money In The Bank Preview
- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Preview
- Colin: Zombie Of The Week
- Twisted Metal Preview
- Child of Eden Preview
- Cinematic Avengers Assembled... By Fanboys
- NeverDead Preview: Undead Monday
- The Bloody Reality Of Red Dead Redemption
- Civilization V Anonymous Video
- George A. Romero's App Of The Dead: Zombie (App At...
- The Coming Of Kinect: Your Shape: Fitness Evolved ...
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer - E3...
- Red Trailer
- Dead Space 2 Trailer - E3 2010: Undead Monday
- Green Hornet Trailer, Poster And Pictures
- WWE SmackDown Vs. RAW 2011 Screenshots And Gamepla...
- Zombrex Dead Rising Sun: Zombie Of The Week
- Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Official Trai...
- ▼ July (31)