Former WWE Champion and UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar has released his autobiography yesterday. Here's a sneak peek into the mind of one of the most dominant athletes to step foot into a ring. Any ring.
The meteoric rise to the top of the WWE food chain for Brock Lesnar was phenomenal. It was a feat unprecedented and unrivaled ever since (nope, not even you Sheamus with your record win of the WWE Championship). However, despite being at the top of his game, he was not satisfied. After his lackluster last match with Goldberg at WrestleMania XX at March 14th, 2004 at Madison Square Garden in New York, it is not without reasons that many of us fans are negative towards his career prospect in the National Football League (NFL).
And boy were we right.Playing for the Minnesota Vikings, controversy regarding physicality in the locker room started by Lesnar soon circulated. Lesnar ended as a late cut after playing several games in the preseason.
It is subsequently picked with great delight that Lesnar has decided to break into the Mixed Martial Art (MMA) scene some time in mid 2006. After all, being a competitive fighting enthusiast, we knew he was in for the game. On November 15th, 2008, at UFC 91:Couture vs Lesnar at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, Lesnar defeated Couture via a technical knockout in Round 2, becoming the UFC Heavyweight Champion, once again cementing his place in the hearts and minds of fight fans everywhere.
Yesterday saw the release of "Death Clutch: My Story of Determination, Domination, and Survival", an autobiography of Brock Lesnar, co-written by himself and frequent collaborator and best friend, Paul Heyman. Sharing the name of his MMA clothing line and personal gym, Death Clutch promises to be offer a comprehensive inside look at the triumph and struggle of the "the Baddest Dude on the Planet."
Here's the official description of the book, courtesy of Harper Collins:
He is the biggest pay-per-view attraction in the world.
He is "the Baddest Dude on the Planet."
He is Brock Lesnar.
For countless fans of professional wrestling and mixed martial arts, Brock Lesnar has long been known for his freakish athleticism, mind-blowing speed, and meteoric rise to the top. Yet despite the fame and fortune that have come with his enormous success, Brock has shunned the media, choosing instead to remain intensely private about his life and his accomplishments.
Now, for the first time, he tells his remarkable story in his own words, describing the journey from his South Dakota farmboy roots to becoming the most popular pay-per-view attraction in the world. From the small-town amateur wrestling where he honed his skills to taking on The Rock at SummerSlam, Brock discusses how his natural athletic talent combined with the dark side of the wrestling business to make him the youngest-ever WWE World Champion.
Epic as it was, Brock's overnight rise to fame came with a price, as he saw firsthand the toll that life on the road and in the ring could take on a pro wrestler's body and mind. Weary of the punishing lifestyle and backstabbing politics, he chose to do the unthinkable: walk away from professional wrestling at the peak of his career and break all ties with the organization that made him a star on the global stage. It was a move that stunned WWE executives and fans alike, and one that Brock himself has never fully explained—until now.
Not one to stay quiet for long, Brock was soon back in the spotlight: this time in the UFC—home of the most dangerous mixed martial arts fighters in the world. Here he offers a behind-the-scenes look at his shocking decision to leave the wrestling entertainment business for a legitimate combat sport. From training to be a real fighter, to immediately being thrown into the Octagon against the UFC's best heavyweights, to the psychology behind his legendary trash-talking, Brock opens up about what it takes not only to succeed in the world's fastest-growing sport but to become the Undisputed Heavyweight Champion of the World. He also speaks candidly about the illness that nearly killed him, how it changed him as a fighter and a man, and how it shaped his will to survive.
In the end, Brock holds nothing back. A revealing, raw, and ultimately redemptive tale of Brock's determination and domination, DeathClutch is the untold true story of becoming one of life's true champions.
To coincide with the publishing of the book, former WWE writer Dave Lagana has posted a new article on his blog, recollecting his thoughts on the star-making debut of Lesnar on March 18, 2002 episode of Raw, the night after WrestleMania X8.
That was indeed an unforgettable debut unlike any... thanks to Spike Dudley, if you ask me. At 0:46 mark of the clip, you can see Lesnar hurling Spike into the air at ease. The monstrous strength and intensity of what was then known as "The Next Big Thing" was on full display, a destiny foretold right from the moment. Head over to Dave Lagana's blog to check out the article.
For those interested in the book, check out the first 50 pages of it, courtesy of Harper Collins, right here.
Brock Lesnar's Death Clutch: My Story of Determination, Domination, and Survival, is available at Amazon.
- ► 2012 (378)
- The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever...
- Doom's Original Box Art Reimagined
- Tokyo Game Show Girl Returns
- The Troll Hunter Preview: Undead Monday
- Green Lantern: Rise Of The Manhunter: New Screensh...
- BioShock Infinite's Propaganda Art
- X-Men: First Class' X-Change Students
- Hot Toys' Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectib...
- Once Upon a Time: First Look
- Thor is Red Hot
- CDC Releases Official Advisories for Zombie Apocal...
- Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold by night...
- Macho Man Takes Out Jesus with a Flying Elbow, Put...
- Real Steel Preview: New Trailer, Poster, Stills, &...
- Kirby: Genesis Preview
- Brock Lesnar's Death Clutch: My Story of Determina...
- Play For Japan: The Album
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues with Your Favorite...
- The Greatest Stare Down Contest EVER
- Watch Chick Online
- Call of Pikacthulhu
- Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Returns: Undead Mo...
- Five Marvel Supervillains Reimagined
- WWE Over the Limit Preview
- Nike Chase by ilovedust
- R. I. P. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (1952 – 2011)
- Superheroes Battered & Bruised
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Kni...
- The Art of Thor Preview
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues with the Fall of a...
- Gotham City Impostors Announced
- Dead Island's 'Tragedy Hits Paradise' Teaser Trail...
- J. J. Abrams' Alcatraz: First Look
- Olly Moss's Resistance 3 Box Art
- Awake: First Look
- Singapore: Sex World?
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicor...
- Laura Shigihara's Live Renditions of "Zombies On Y...
- Behold the Might of VolTRON
- PlayStation Network Returns...With Free Goodies!
- The Ambiguously Gay Duo goes Live-Action!
- Uncovering Secrets of Odin’s Vault & Other Easter ...
- Tyler Stout Does Akira
- Fright Night Preview: Undead Monday
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: New Images
- Star Wars vs. Singapore General Election 2011: The...
- Thor is Jericho
- Tekken: Blood Vengeance: First Look
- Rammbock: Berlin Undead: Zombie of the Week
- DC Flashpoint: First Look
- Conan the Barbarian Preview: New Poster
- Soulcalibur V Announced! Trailer & Character Art
- The Future Preview: Trailer & Poster
- Soulcalibur's Breast Size Regulator Chart
- John Constantine leads the DC Universe in "The Sea...
- Hanna Preview: Clips & Posters
- Superheroes Vs. Zombies: Undead Monday
- L.A. Noire Wallpapers
- Star Wars Vs. Singapore General Election 2011
- Conan the Barbarian Preview: Full Theatrical Trail...
- The Singapore General Election 2011 is Over
- Happy Mother's Day From Prototype 2
- X-Men: First Class Preview: Character Trailers & N...
- Green Lantern: New Theatrical Trailer
- The Green Goliath Got The Dark Knight Covered
- Call of the Dead: Zombie of the Week
- Happy Star Wars Day, 2011
- David Aja’s 5 Ronin Cover Processes
- Video Games' Fatalities Overdrive
- First Promotional Art for Space Pirate Cobra Film ...
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues With An Outworld T...
- How To Make A Horror, Animated Or Action Movie
- Joker Screams
- Electricity Conservation Posters In The Aftermath ...
- Bobby Yeah: Undead Monday
- Upside Down Preview
- WWE Extreme Rules Preview
- Superman: American No More
- Green Lantern Preview: New Posters & Trailer
- ▼ May (80)
- ► 2010 (583)