Here's a nifty way to save that nine hours you will never get back, thanks to YouTube user dzine123.
We have previously seen YouTube user dzine123's amazing work condensing the original trilogy into a two-minute video with a remarkable collection of Lego Star Wars figures on last year's Star Wars Day. Now witness the kid take on the prequel trilogy!
Here's a nifty way to save that nine hours you will never get back, thanks to YouTube user dzine123.
The classic box art of the original Doom gets one hell of a tribute.
A tribute to the iconic art by the late great Don Ivan Punchatz that graced the box of the original Doom back in 1993, check out this awesome remake by Agent Scarlet.
Here's the classic original for comparison.
Source: Agent Scarlet's deviantArt via Kotaku
The "Game Controller" (mostly Sony) Girl returns this year at the Tokyo Game Show.
The mascot that was created by renowned Osaka-born graphic illustrator Ippei Gyoubu for last year's Tokyo Game Show was striking eye-catching. A Meganekko with a PlayStation Controller hovering above her head, the design was a noticeable improvement over the previous editions.
With the impending commencement of E3 next month, organizers of the Tokyo Game Show (scheduled to return some time in September) have released the official poster of the event, unveiling the new look of the returning mascot.
Here's how she looked like last year, for those who have missed out the poster.
This Undead Monday, we turn our focus on yet another undead creatures from beyond... TROLLS!!! Armed yourself to the teeth as we follow controversial Norwegian comedian Otto Jespersen and crew in this critically acclaimed Norwegian horror adventure film with a most quirky concept. Yes, we bring you The Troll Hunter.
TROLLS!!! Sorry, can't help but did it again there. We also can't help but wonder if the eponymous character in this Norwegian horror adventure film does that every time he sees his target.
In The Troll Hunter, you can expect a mockumentary horror film like no other. Written and directed by André Øvredal with a cast of largely unknown actors led by controversial Norwegian comedian Otto Jespersen (who is playing the eponymous character), The Troll Hunter seek to strike a balance between ancient Norse mythology and modern conspiracy theory, all with a touch of mischief. A peculiar monster hunt awaits in the Norwegian Woods.
Here's the official synopsis:
Shot in a vérité style, TROLLHUNTER is the story of a group of Norwegian film students that set out to capture real-life trolls on camera after learning their existence has been covered up for years by a government conspiracy. A thrilling and wildly entertaining film, TROLLHUNTER delivers truly fantastic images of giant trolls wreaking havoc on the countryside, with darkly funny adherence to the original Norwegian folklore.
And here's the trailer to the film.
A scene from the film.
Perhaps sharing our sentiments on these wretched beings, iO9 has the ringtone (or rather alarm tone in this case)"the mighty troll scream, ripped from the Troll Hunter himself" readily available at their page.
The Troll Hunter was released to critical acclaim in Norway last year and will be having a limited release in US come June 10th, along with a simultaneous release on Magnolia On-Demand.
Hit the jump to check out the posters of the film.
Just what would you conjure if you have the powers of the Green Lantern ring? These new screenshots of Double Helix Games's upcoming spin-off game of the upcoming Warner Bros.'s film give us us a closer look.
We have earlier discussed at length on Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters in our first preview on Double Helix Games's upcoming spin-off game on Warner Bros.'s film adaptation of DC Comics's Green Lantern.
In these cool new screenshots from the game, it seems that player can conjured a sword and a plane with the "Green Lantern Might". Now all we need to certify the awesomeness of that is by checking how the gameplay control works in order to achieve that.
Hit the jump to check out these new screenshots.
Take a sneak peek into BioShock Infinite's dark steampunk fantasy world with these recently released propaganda art.
While Irrational Games's next anticipated chapter in their acclaimed BioShock series will not be out this year, we can expect the game to be making its presence felt at the upcoming E3.
In the meantime, check out these amazing propaganda art from the game, circa 1912.
J. Jonah Jameson meets Hank McCoy (AKA The Beast) in the University of Farmers.
In this unusual X-promotion advert between Matthew Vaughn's X-Men: First Class and the usual Farmers Insurance Group commercial you get featuring the fictional University of Farmers, J. K. Simmons (whose performance as J. Jonah Jameson in Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films is truly unforgettable), in his regular role of Professor Nathaniel Burke of the University of Farmers, introduces a new exchange student from Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters: Nicholas Hoult as Dr. Henry Philip "Hank" McCoy.
While indicative of the growing trend of cross-promotion between commercial with dry humor and movie tie-ins, this is worth a look at for its Marvel connection.
The original Man of Steel returns in full glory, courtesy of Hot Toys.
From the folks that have earlier brought us amazing rendition of TRON: Legacy's Sam Flynn (completed with his Light Cycle), 20th Century Boys' Friend, and our 2010 Toy of the Year, the hyper-realistic Heath Ledger version of Joker, Christopher Reeve, as the one-and-only original Superman, is back and will be readily available to be placed in your personal war room come fourth quarter this year.
Undoubtedly the best Superman figure we have seen thus far, this 12-inch 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure by Hot Toys is specially crafted based on the image of Christopher Reeve, complete with a detailed light-up figure stage imitating the Fortress of Solitude seen in the original 1987 classic film, Superman. What's more, a portion of the sales from the figure would be going to be a noble cause for the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation.
Hit the jump for more information and detailed description on the product.
Amid high anticipation, Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are proud to present the Superman 12-inch Figure from the 1978 classic superhero film Superman. The movie-accurate Superman collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Christopher Reeve as The Man of Steel, highlighting the authentic head sculpt, movie-accurate costume and detailed light-up figure stage imitating the Fortress of Solitude.
Additionally, Hot Toys Limited will be donating a portion of this collectible figure's sales to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation. The Reeve Foundation is a charitable organization dedicated to curing spinal cord injury by funding innovative research, and improving the quality of life for people living with paralysis through grants, information and advocacy. Hot Toy's hopes to contribute to the foundation and the injured through the enjoyment of collectible figures.
For more about the organization, please visit: http://www.christopherreeve.org
The Superman 12 inch Figure features:
- Authentic and detailed, hand-painted likeness of Christopher Reeve as Superman in the Superman movie
- Realistic facial expression with detailed wrinkles and texture
- Detailed hair sculpture
- Stands approximately 30 cm tall
- Newly sculpted muscular body with over 30 points of articulation with extra muscular upper body, neck and chest
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of palms for fighting
- One (1) set of Superman costume including one-piece blue costume with Superman logo in chest, yellow belt, red shorts and red cape
- One (1) pair of red boots
- Fortress of Solitude themed figure stage
- Figure stand with Superman nameplate and movie logo
- Sideshow Exclusive: Kryptonite neck chain - Available only within the United States and Europe.
Check out images of the figure below.
Here's the link to the Japanese webpage of Hot Toys (the HK site has been down for some time), the link to the images at Hot Toys' Facebook page, and the SideShowToys' page.
With the television adaptation of Bill Willingham's critically acclaimed Vertigo comic, Fables, trapped in development hell, will ABC's Once Upon a Time satisfy your need of a TV series with a fairy tale undertone? Or do you really need one at that?
Continuing our coverage on on the upcoming new TV series set to debut next season, we take a look at the slate of forthcoming new dramas and comedies from ABC. With the cancellation of the sci-fi drama V and superhero drama No Ordinary Family among others, many new series have been picked up as a result.
However, apart from Steven Spielberg (yes, he is indeed busy with the TV scene too) and Oren Peli (the creator of "Paranormal Activity")'s sci-fi/horror/mokumentary series, The River, we do not see many likely gem from the announcement new series. While the remake of Charlie’s Angels is leading the pack for obvious reasons, we are not too positive over the prospect based on what we saw. On the other hand, we noticed the lower profile "Once Upon a Time" to be an item of interest.
Created by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz (known for their work on Lost), Once Upon a Time tells a tale set in a New England town called Storybrooke, Maine. Unbeknown to all (even its residents), the town is actually a timeless world where the fairy tale characters are trapped, losing the memories of their fantastical past lives. When Emma Swan (House's Jennifer Morrison), a bail bonds collector arrives at the town with her recently reunited son who she have given up for adoption ten years earlier, intrigue and adventures kick off in the real world as they uncover the truth about the town... and themselves.
Apart from Jennifer Morrison in the leading role, Once Upon a Time also featured Ginnifer Goodwin as Mary Margaret Blanchard (who is actually Snow White), and Robert Carlyle as Mr. Gold (who is actually Rumplestiltskin). Reportedly, both Horowitz and Kitsis originally wanted to bring the concept to the small screen seven years prior to coming aboard Lost, but later opted to focus on the project only after the cseries was over. For fans of Bill Willingham's critically acclaimed Vertigo comic, Fables, this is probably as close as you can get to the real deal.
Hit the jump to check out the trailer, followed by the full synopsis of the series.
From the inventive minds of "Lost" executive producers Adam Horowitz and Edward Kitsis comes a bold new imagining of the world, where fairy tales and the modern-day are about to collide.
And they all lived happily ever after - or so everyone was led to believe. Emma Swan knows how to take care of herself. She's a 28-year-old bail bonds collector who's been on her own ever since she was abandoned as a baby. But when the son she gave up years ago finds her, everything starts to change. Henry is now 10 years old and in desperate need of Emma's help. He believes that Emma actually comes from an alternate world and is Snow White and Prince Charming's missing daughter. According to his book of fairytales, they sent her away to protect her from the Evil Queen's curse, which trapped the fairytale world forever, frozen in time, and brought them into our modern world. Of course Emma doesn't believe a word, but when she brings Henry back to Storybrooke, she finds herself drawn to this unusual boy and his strange New England town. Concerned for Henry, she decides to stay for a while, but she soon suspects that Storybrooke is more than it seems. It's a place where magic has been forgotten, but is still powerfully close... where fairytale characters are alive, even though they don't remember who they once were. The epic battle for the future of all worlds is beginning, but for good to win, Emma will have to accept her destiny and fight like hell.
"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin ("Big Love") as Snow White/Sister Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison ("House MD") as Emma Swan, Robert Carlyle ("The Full Monty," "Trainspotting," "SGU Stargate Universe") as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham, Jared Gilmore ("Mad Men") as Henry, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/John Doe and Raphael Sbarge as Jiminy Cricket/Archie. "Once Upon a Time" was written by Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz, who are also executive producers, along with Steve Pearlman (ABC's "V"). The pilot is directed and executive-produced by Mark Mylod ("Entourage"). "Once Upon a Time" is from ABC Studios.
And here are some of the set pictures released by ABC.
- ► 2014 (272)
- ► 2013 (366)
- ► 2012 (378)
- The Fastest and Funniest LEGO Star Wars story ever...
- Doom's Original Box Art Reimagined
- Tokyo Game Show Girl Returns
- The Troll Hunter Preview: Undead Monday
- Green Lantern: Rise Of The Manhunter: New Screensh...
- BioShock Infinite's Propaganda Art
- X-Men: First Class' X-Change Students
- Hot Toys' Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectib...
- Once Upon a Time: First Look
- Thor is Red Hot
- CDC Releases Official Advisories for Zombie Apocal...
- Chinese Prisoners Forced to Farm MMO Gold by night...
- Macho Man Takes Out Jesus with a Flying Elbow, Put...
- Real Steel Preview: New Trailer, Poster, Stills, &...
- Kirby: Genesis Preview
- Brock Lesnar's Death Clutch: My Story of Determina...
- Play For Japan: The Album
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues with Your Favorite...
- The Greatest Stare Down Contest EVER
- Watch Chick Online
- Call of Pikacthulhu
- Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein Returns: Undead Mo...
- Five Marvel Supervillains Reimagined
- WWE Over the Limit Preview
- Nike Chase by ilovedust
- R. I. P. "Macho Man" Randy Savage (1952 – 2011)
- Superheroes Battered & Bruised
- First Picture of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Kni...
- The Art of Thor Preview
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues with the Fall of a...
- Gotham City Impostors Announced
- Dead Island's 'Tragedy Hits Paradise' Teaser Trail...
- J. J. Abrams' Alcatraz: First Look
- Olly Moss's Resistance 3 Box Art
- Awake: First Look
- Singapore: Sex World?
- The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicor...
- Laura Shigihara's Live Renditions of "Zombies On Y...
- Behold the Might of VolTRON
- PlayStation Network Returns...With Free Goodies!
- The Ambiguously Gay Duo goes Live-Action!
- Uncovering Secrets of Odin’s Vault & Other Easter ...
- Tyler Stout Does Akira
- Fright Night Preview: Undead Monday
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2: New Images
- Star Wars vs. Singapore General Election 2011: The...
- Thor is Jericho
- Tekken: Blood Vengeance: First Look
- Rammbock: Berlin Undead: Zombie of the Week
- DC Flashpoint: First Look
- Conan the Barbarian Preview: New Poster
- Soulcalibur V Announced! Trailer & Character Art
- The Future Preview: Trailer & Poster
- Soulcalibur's Breast Size Regulator Chart
- John Constantine leads the DC Universe in "The Sea...
- Hanna Preview: Clips & Posters
- Superheroes Vs. Zombies: Undead Monday
- L.A. Noire Wallpapers
- Star Wars Vs. Singapore General Election 2011
- Conan the Barbarian Preview: Full Theatrical Trail...
- The Singapore General Election 2011 is Over
- Happy Mother's Day From Prototype 2
- X-Men: First Class Preview: Character Trailers & N...
- Green Lantern: New Theatrical Trailer
- The Green Goliath Got The Dark Knight Covered
- Call of the Dead: Zombie of the Week
- Happy Star Wars Day, 2011
- David Aja’s 5 Ronin Cover Processes
- Video Games' Fatalities Overdrive
- First Promotional Art for Space Pirate Cobra Film ...
- Mortal Kombat: Legacy Continues With An Outworld T...
- How To Make A Horror, Animated Or Action Movie
- Joker Screams
- Electricity Conservation Posters In The Aftermath ...
- Bobby Yeah: Undead Monday
- Upside Down Preview
- WWE Extreme Rules Preview
- Superman: American No More
- Green Lantern Preview: New Posters & Trailer
- ▼ May (80)
- ► 2010 (581)