Quite possibly video game industry's biggest survival horror franchise, Resident Evil, also known as Biohazard in Japan, returns this October with its official six installment. Fresh off Capcom's Captivate event, we take a first look at the trailers, screenshots, and character art from the much-anticipated title.
While hordes of zombies showing up in video games are by now a common sight (especially so for the iPhone games), there was a time when it was unheard of and while we can argue all we can on which video game in particular kicked off the undead concept in gaming, few would argue that Capcom's Resident Evil (known as Biohazard in Japan) is the single one title that popularize both the concept of having zombies as antagonists in video games as well as the Survival Horror genre.
With Resident Evil 6 set to be released on October 2nd, 2012 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, we have last seen the first trailer of the much-anticipated title late last year. With Capcom's Captivate event in full swing, a new trailer as well as numerous new screenshots and character art have been unveiled. With Resident Evil 6 being the the first time brought series mainstays Chris Redfield and Leon S. Kennedy together, the anticipation for the title have been further raised despite the somewhat alienating Resident Evil 5 which veered the franchise's Survival Horror nature to a more action-oriented title.
While it remains to be seen if Resident Evil 6 can walk the delicate line by finding the right formula between action and suspense to satisfy both the frag-fest adrenaline junkie or the nerve-wrecking experience-seeking die-hard fans, we are quite pleased with what we have seen for now.
Without further ado, here's the latest trailer recently released by Capcom.
And here's the first trailer for those who missed out the first time round.
The official press release of the title, courtesy of Capcom Unity:
Horror on a global scale – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
Multiple characters and intertwined storylines – Experience the horror playing as Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Jake Muller with their respective partners
Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and co-op gameplay either offline or online
A new challenge – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms
Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games
The enemy creatures known as J’avo first came to prominence in the conflict zone of Eastern Europe and have the ability to regenerate when injured; furthermore, if J’avo take substantial damage to a particular area, they can mutate the affected body part into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they can undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
Mercenaries returns - Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode
Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover, along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack
Demo coming with Dragon’s Dogma – Purchasers of Dragon’s Dogma, scheduled for release on May 22 in North America and May 25 across Europe, will receive a token allowing them to download the Resident Evil 6 demo, from July 3 for Xbox 360 owners and September 4 for PS3
Localized voice over – Resident Evil 6 will include fully localized voice over in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian as well as subtitles in Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese
Here are the character art for the main characters, including the three protagonists, Leon S. Kennedy, Chris Redfield, and Jake Muller, reportedly the son of series antagonist Albert Wesker.
The official wallpaper courtesy of the title's Japanese website.
And here are the screenshots released thus far.
- Prometheus: New Trailer - Undead Monday
- WWE Extreme Rules Preview
- The Avengers XXX: A Porn Parody: First Trailer & P...
- The Cabin in the Woods: Zombie of the Week
- The Avengers: Mondo Poster Series Complete
- The Avengers: Art Inspired by the Film
- Batman: Arkham City Game of the Year Edition Annou...
- Olli Hihnala's Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse: Un...
- るろうに剣心 Rurouni Kenshin: Full Trailer
- G.I. Joe: Retaliation - New Character Posters
- The Laughing Dead: Zombie of the Week
- God of War: Ascension - First Look
- Prometheus: David 8 Viral Campaign & New Images
- The Amazing Spider-Man: New Trailer & Poster
- Night of the Living: Undead Monday
- The Avengers: New Wallpapers
- Looper: First Look
- Resident Evil 6: First Look - Zombie of the Week
- Django Unchained: First Look
- Star Wars: The Last Airbender
- Hunger Games Barbie Doll
- Hotel Transylvania: First Trailer - Undead Monday
- The Dark Knight Rises - In LEGO Form & Hong Kong B...
- The Avengers: New Clips & Images
- Zombie Ass: The Toilet of the Dead - Zombie of the...
- The Hunger Games PSA Posters
- Total Recall: First Look
- Capcom Frenzy
- Dark Shadows: New Character Banners - Undead Monda...
- WWE WrestleMania XXVIII Preview
- ▼ April (30)
- ► 2011 (996)
- ► 2010 (583)