Ahead of its release less than two months from now, Warner Bros. Pictures has released a series of cool new posters for our most anticipated film of the year, The Dark Knight Rises.
With Marvel Studios' The Avengers continuing its rampage at the box office, one can't help but to wonder if the other much-anticipated superhero film from Marvel's Distinguished Competitor will be able to live up to its incredible hype. Yes, we are of course talking about Christopher Nolan's upcoming swan song to his epic Batman trilogy, The Dark Knight Rises. All things said and done, the 3D tickets are a big part of The Avengers's tremendous performance and this is something that The Dark Knight Rises will be hard-pressed to match up with. Nevertheless, here at The Daily Zombies, we are no fans of the overrated 3D screens and truth be told, while we absolutely loved The Avengers, we maintained our opinions that it is not necessary to view it in 3D. On the other hand, the IMAX version for The Dark Knight Rises is something totally different. To us, the IMAX cinematic experience is something truly unique to behold.
Back on the topic on hand, Warner Bros. Pictures has released a new wave of posters for the film, containing two character poster set and one awesome one-sheet that is reminiscent of the poster from 2008's The Dark Knight.
Hit the jump to check out these posters.
First up, we have the first set of character posters courtesy of Yahoo! UK.
Next up, the second set of character posters courtesy of the film’s French Facebook page.
And here's the awesome new one-sheet banner we were talking about earlier.
While in line with the imagery of the first poster from the film with the buildings crumbling down, the poster also reminds one of an imagery from the poster of The Dark Knight.
In closing, here are some of the recently-released images from the latest issue of Total Film.
Here's the official synopsis of the film:
Warner Bros. Pictures' and Legendary Pictures' "The Dark Knight Rises" is the epic conclusion to filmmaker Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy, Leading an all-star international cast, Oscar(R) winner Christian Bale ("The Fighter") again plays the dual role of Bruce Wayne/Batman. The film also stars Anne Hathaway, as Selina Kyle; Tom Hardy, as Bane; Oscar(R) winner Marion Cotillard ("La Vie en Rose"), as Miranda Tate; and Joseph Gordon-Levitt, as John Blake. Returning to the main cast, Oscar(R) winner Michael Caine ("The Cider House Rules") plays Alfred; Gary Oldman is Commissioner Gordon; and Oscar(R) winner Morgan Freeman ("Million Dollar Baby") reprises the role of Lucius Fox. The screenplay is written by Christopher Nolan and Jonathan Nolan, story by Christopher Nolan & David S. Goyer. The film is produced by Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Charles Roven, who previously teamed on "Batman Begins" and the record-breaking blockbuster "The Dark Knight." The executive producers are Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Kevin De La Noy and Thomas Tull, with Jordan Goldberg serving as co-producer. The film is based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Batman was created by Bob Kane.
The Dark Knight Rises is currently scheduled to open on July 20th, 2012.
- WWE ’13: First Look - E3 2012
- X-Men: The Disney Animated Film?
- The Dark Knight Rises - New Posters, TV Spots & Im...
- Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter: Red & Green Band ...
- WATCH Superman VS Hulk - The Fight
- The Dark Knight Rises - New Banners, TV Spots & Im...
- The Walking Dead's Michonne: First Look - Zombie o...
- The Avengers: Blu-ray/DVD Release Details & Offici...
- The Dark Knight Rises: New Posters
- Skyfall: First Look
- Prometheus: New Featurette, Viral Clip, Set Stills...
- The Avengers: Concept Art
- Elementary: First Look
- Hannah Friederichs Pays Tribute to Maurice Sendak ...
- Argo: First Look
- Thor and Loki: Step Brothers
- Gangster Squad: First Look
- Danny Boyle’s Frankenstein: Undead Monday
- Happy Mother's Day from Your Favorite Superheroes ...
- Vindication Series Assembles Video Games' Very Bes...
- WATCH Home: Zombie of the Week
- Come at me Bro, Avengers
- Time Lapse Video Chronicling the Twelve Years Jour...
- Jim Lee's Gatefold Cover for DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 ...
- Dark Shadows: New Set Images - Undead Monday
- The Avengers: Biggest Box-Office Opening Ever
- The Amazing Spider-Man: New Trailer, Posters & Off...
- The Avengers: Final Preview
- The Avengers: Final Mondo Poster
- The Avengers: Clips from Cross-Promotional Marketi...
- The Dark Knight Rises - New Trailer & Images
- ▼ May (31)
- ► 2011 (996)
- ► 2010 (583)