Welcome to the future of open world video games: Ubisoft Montreal's Watch Dogs.
With the seas of sequels, prequels and reboots on display at this year's E3, we might have a winner of the show already with Ubisoft Montreal's Watch Dogs, a bold new title that seek to reinvent the open world action-adventure games made famous by Grand Theft Auto with an element of the near-future.
Developed by Ubisoft Montreal since 2010, Watch Dogs is set in a near-future version of Chicago, Illinois known as the "Windy City" in a future where a supercomputer known as a "ctOS" (Central Operating System is in place to control almost every piece of technology in the city while running a massive database containing every information on everyone's digital footprints. In the demo on display during E3, players get to check out the innovative gameplay as we follows the exploits of an anti-hero hacker, Aiden Pearce, who uses both his "fists and wits" to assassinate a media mogul named Joesph DeMarco, who had been wrongly acquitted on charges of murder. An intriguing twist to the run-of-the-mill co-op gameplay as the title seek to "revolutionize the way players interact with each other."
With no further ado, here's the introduction trailer that gives us the backgrounds needed prior to heading into the immersive near-future world of the title.
And here's the nearly ten-minute gameplay demo that blew the house away during Ubisoft's press conference at E3.
Hacking traffic lights and jamming mobile reception as the next logical stage of open world gaming? How brilliant. Here are some of the screenshots from the title recently released.
For those interested in the 2003 blackout mentioned in the introduction trailer, do head over to Kotaku to find out the truth from the fiction.
- The Avengers X Edward Hopper's Nighthawks
- WATCH Evil Dead: An Animated Tribute - Zombie of t...
- Batman Coming to Smallville in Season 11
- Machete Kills: First Look
- Pixar's Justice League?
- V/H/S: First Look - Undead Monday
- Maleficent: First Look
- The Dark Knight Rises - New Trailer, TV Spots & Pr...
- The Walking Dead Escape - SDCC 2012 - Zombie of th...
- Dredd: First Trailer & Poster
- Mushroom or Dildo? The Chinese Decides
- What If The Avengers Were Made in Japan?
- Dead Space 3: First Look - E3 2012 - Undead Monday...
- Review: The Art of Luke Chueh: Bearing the Unbeara...
- Django Unchained: International Trailer
- Resident Evil: Retribution - Full Trailer & Poster...
- The Avengers: Pixar Animated?
- Star Wars: 1313 - First Look - E3 2012
- Interview with Luke Chueh
- Prometheus: Final Preview - Undead Monday
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation & New Trailers - ...
- Django Unchained: First Trailer & Images
- R.I.P. Ray Bradbury
- The Last of Us: Gameplay Trailer & New Images - E3...
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - New Gameplay Trai...
- Watch Dogs: First Look - E3 2012
- Iron Man 3: First Look
- ZombiU: First Look - E3 2012 - Undead Monday
- Tomb Raider: Crossroads Trailer - E3 2012
- Injustice: Gods Among Us - First Look - E3 2012
- Les Misérables: First Look
- Hitman: Absolution - Attack of the Saints Trailer ...
- Frank Quitely's Walking Dead #100 Cover - Zombie o...
- ▼ June (33)
- ► 2011 (996)
- ► 2010 (583)