This Undead Monday, bid farewell to Killer Freaks From Outer Space, and say hello to ZombiU.
Welcome to Undead Monday, E3 version. And the title is not a typo. During Ubisoft's presentation at E3 today, the latest survival horror First-Person Shooter exclusively for Wii U will indeed be entitled ZombiU. And in an ironic way, it has a b'graded sci-fi flick-sounding origin. Originally developed as Killer Freaks From Outer Space, the title will now be filled in with hordes of undead instead of the "Freaks".
Ddeveloped by Ubisoft Montpellier, the Wii U GamePad touch and tilt functions will be the key gameplay element in this one. In an interesting development, player can get to try their hand as a Zombie Master in multiplayer gameplay.
With no further ado, hit the jump to check out the cool trailer announced during Ubisoft's press conference.
And here's the Wii U controller trailer.
Screenshots released thus far.
Here's the official press release from Ubisoft:
Ubisoft®'s Infectious ZombiUTM Coming Exclusively to Nintendo's Wii UTM
Survival-Horror Shooter Showcases Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad, Delivers Intense and Terrifying New Gaming Experience
LOS ANGELES - June 4, 2012 - Today, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), Ubisoft challenged gamers to find out how long they can survive in the dilapidated, infected world of ZombiU – a new survival-horror shooter that will be released exclusively for Nintendo's Wii UTM. ZombiU headlines a group of eight titles from Ubisoft that will be available for the Nintendo Wii UTM.
Developed by Ubisoft Montpellier, the studio behind critically acclaimed titles like From DustTM, Beyond Good & Evil® and Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter®, ZombiU puts players in the middle of London circa 2012, where an outbreak has infected the population, destroying their humanity and turning them into mindless monsters preying on the flesh of the few remaining survivors. This fear-fueled first-person shooter takes all the terror, chaos and tension found in the best of the horror genre and adds original interactive elements, including a unique death mechanic that puts players in the body of a different survivor each time they die, allowing them to track and take down their old, infected characters, recover their equipment and see if they can stay alive just a little bit longer this time.
ZombiU showcases the innovative features of the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad and creates new game experiences not possible on other consoles. The Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad serves as the player's ultimate survival kit, called the "Bug Out Bag." The Bug Out Bag is a backpack containing all the maps, tools, weapons and supplies that players can scavenge from the limited resources available in the devastated cityscape. ZombiU also uses the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad's touch screen, gyroscope and camera to create a tactile connection between gamers and the in-game world. Finally, ZombiU features a distinctive multiplayer adversarial mode that allows one player to take on the role of "Zombie Master," spawning and controlling enemies from a top-down view on the Nintendo Wii UTM GamePad while the second player fights for survival on the big screen in first-person shooter view with the Nintendo Wii UTM Pro controller.
"ZombiU is a dark and daunting game that gamers will love to play again and again," said Guillaume Brunier, producer at Ubisoft. "ZombiU takes advantage of the Nintendo Wii U's one-of-a-kind capabilities and will be a launch title that every gamer will want to sink their teeth into."
For more information on ZombiU, please visit the official ZombiU website (www.zombiu.com) and facebook.com/zombiugame
ZombiU also can be pre-ordered at UBIShop® by visiting: www.ubishop.com/zombiu
- The Avengers X Edward Hopper's Nighthawks
- WATCH Evil Dead: An Animated Tribute - Zombie of t...
- Batman Coming to Smallville in Season 11
- Machete Kills: First Look
- Pixar's Justice League?
- V/H/S: First Look - Undead Monday
- Maleficent: First Look
- The Dark Knight Rises - New Trailer, TV Spots & Pr...
- The Walking Dead Escape - SDCC 2012 - Zombie of th...
- Dredd: First Trailer & Poster
- Mushroom or Dildo? The Chinese Decides
- What If The Avengers Were Made in Japan?
- Dead Space 3: First Look - E3 2012 - Undead Monday...
- Review: The Art of Luke Chueh: Bearing the Unbeara...
- Django Unchained: International Trailer
- Resident Evil: Retribution - Full Trailer & Poster...
- The Avengers: Pixar Animated?
- Star Wars: 1313 - First Look - E3 2012
- Interview with Luke Chueh
- Prometheus: Final Preview - Undead Monday
- Assassin's Creed III: Liberation & New Trailers - ...
- Django Unchained: First Trailer & Images
- R.I.P. Ray Bradbury
- The Last of Us: Gameplay Trailer & New Images - E3...
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - New Gameplay Trai...
- Watch Dogs: First Look - E3 2012
- Iron Man 3: First Look
- ZombiU: First Look - E3 2012 - Undead Monday
- Tomb Raider: Crossroads Trailer - E3 2012
- Injustice: Gods Among Us - First Look - E3 2012
- Les Misérables: First Look
- Hitman: Absolution - Attack of the Saints Trailer ...
- Frank Quitely's Walking Dead #100 Cover - Zombie o...
- ▼ June (33)
- ► 2011 (996)
- ► 2010 (583)